Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set, and GO!

Well today marks the beginning. The beginning of another basketball season for 5th and 6th graders. I'm not going to lie about this, I am excited to see Alex playing basketball and Avery cheering him on from the sidelines but not so excited to travel all over this part of the state to see these things. It was such a nice break to have NO extra curricular stuff going on there for awhile that I kind of got accustomed to not having to be anywhere at any certain time after work. I do not think that laying on the couch is overrated and I do not think that sitting in a chair after work catching your breath after a long day is overrated, however, I will go to these ballgames in full force with a smile on my face and camera in hand to catch some of the moments that will be so precious to me later. I do have to say that the look of determination held by 5th and 6th grade boys that sweeps across their face when their hands touch the ball is a look that I hope to never forget. And the thought of missing one game where my little Avery is now on the sidelines in a cheerleading skirt is something that almost causes me to go into panic mode. So I will be there, with bells on watching from the sidelines and enjoying every minute of it. Remind me next time around though, that a limo or taxi would be great, that way I don't have to drive to the games and can truly sit back and unwind all the way there. :)

No comments: